What we know?
- Must have current First aid and CPR.
- Must have a current Working With Children Check.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Cannot belong to the same family of the child they are caring for.
- Must be attached to a Government approved service provider.
- The pilot is going to be open for tender in the second half of 2015.
- Eligibility has not been announced as yet for service providers wanting to participate in the pilot.
- There will be an open tender process.
- ANA will be lobbying on behalf of our membership to be able to participate in the nanny pilot.
- Commencement will be January 2016 if the funds allocated are passed through the Senate.
NOTES: Nannies currently working privately can remain as private nannies or choose to participate in the nanny pilot program. There will still be private nanny arrangements as there has always been.
The Australian Nanny Association has always supported professional development and training. However, the current child care qualifications are specific to centre based care.
We have been in discussions with ACECQA regarding adding core home based units to their training packages. Unfortunately, the next review is not for another 1.5 years. TAFE has recently been in touch to try and assist with offering home based units in their Certificate III in Children’s Services for the interim until the qualifications packages are reviewed.