The Australian Nanny Association has set its own minimum standards as membership criteria for nanny and agency members. This will assist families in employing legitimate and qualified in-home care professionals, and promote the importance of quality in-home childcare.
ANA Nanny Membership Criteria
Nanny members must:
- Be a minimum 18 years of age.
- Be actively working as a nanny/manny or have done so in the past three years with intent to continue in the future.
- Two contactable references are required.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check as per relevant state/territory requirements.
- Hold a current Level 2 first aid qualification (HLTFA311A, HLTFA301C, HLTAID003, HTLAID004).
- Hold a current CPR qualification and update yearly (HLTCPR201B, HLTCPR211A HTLAID001).
- Nanny members are encouraged to:
- Obtain a yearly Federal Police Check.
- Obtain their own personal public liability insurance.
- Be studying towards or hold a minimum childcare qualification as advised by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (www.acecqa.gov.au).
- Participate in professional development training and/or workshops