The Australian Nanny Association has set minimum standards for memberships in line with both what is legally required and what is best practice in the Australian nanny industry. This will assist families in employing legitimate in-home care professionals, and promote the importance of quality in-home childcare.
ANA Nanny Membership Criteria
Nanny members must:
- Be a minimum 18 years of age.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check as per relevant state/territory requirements.
- Be actively working as a nanny/in home child carer or have done so in the past three years with intent to continue in the future.
- Provide two contactable references.
- Hold a current First Aid qualification (HTLAID004 or HLTAID003).
- Hold a current CPR qualification and update yearly (HTLAID001).
- Nanny members are encouraged to:
- Obtain a yearly Federal Police Check.
- Obtain their own personal public liability insurance.
- Be studying towards or hold a minimum childcare qualification as advised by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (www.acecqa.gov.au).
- Participate in professional development training and/or workshops.